Starting in the kindergarten may be the first time parents leave the care for their child to some one other than family. During the first meeting with Kongsberg International Preschool FUS we fasilitate for the child to experience good routines and a safe environment. We make time for the attachment to happen by prioritizing five days for the new starters period. For children with previous kindergarten experience three days may be enough.
The main points from the new starters period in KIP FUS is:
- Parents are invited to a joint parent meeting in May
- Parents and child are invited for playdates in the kindergarten
- Parents receive a welcomeletter before starting, including relevnat information on how to fascilitate for a safe new starters period
- The parents are offered a home visit from the primary contact. This way, the child can get familiar with a new peron in a well-known environment
- Five days of new-starters period where parents and child stay in the kindergarten together with primary contact
- Primary contact stays close to the child, initiates contact when the child seems safe and gradually takes over the care for the child.
- Start-up conversation with the primary contact.
For additional information on what your child would need in the kindergarten, please find our equipment list.